It’s all about saving missing pets.
The Lost Pet Problem
Every pet owner should have the confidence and peace of mind in knowing that their pet’s microchip will be scanned and read.
- More than 10 million pets enter U.S. shelters each year. Many are lost family pets.
- Shelters only account for 3 to 4% of dogs being microchipped and less than 1% of cats being microchipped. This is because they do not have all the right scanners for each brand of microchip.
- 1 in 3 family pets will get lost.
- Without ID, more than 80% percent of lost pets will not return home.
- A microchip is the only form of pet identification that is permanent, with a unique number that cannot fall off, be altered or be removed
- Microchips will work 100% of the time if scanned and properly registered
- The pet care industry lags behind other industries technologically
- The Lost Pet problem is ultimately a data problem
- The field of veterinary care is extremely fragmented as there are numerous software options for shelters and veterinary service providers alike, everything is offline, the data is fragmented and it all needs to be pulled together
The Peeva Difference
- Our microchips are universal and can be read by all pet microchip scanners.
- Pets are registered on-site when the chip is implanted
- All microchip IDs are scanned into the system and copied into the hospital PIMS to minimize human error that often occurs when a microchip ID is manually entered.
- Peeva is more than just a microchip. Peeva is a data solution and the most effective end-to-end pet recovery solution that relies on Microchip technology and a Critical Mass of data that each individual owner consents to
- Peeva is the first and only company to read, record, analyze and catalog any brand of microchip regardless of the manufacturer.
- By partnering with leading organizations in the animal health and technology space, and high volume veterinary hospitals, Peeva is building a network with a critical mass of data where the individual pet owner is involved to opt-in every step along the way.
- Peeva pairs pet identification numbers with pet medical records into Peeva Fetch, our central registry / national pet database, and pet medical records pet portal
- Peeva works well with all PIMS and is a further extension of those services
- The ability to pull up a pet’s complete medical history makes a veterinary professional’s job easier as it streamlines workflow and as a result, ensures pet owners that their pet’s microchips will be scanned and read.
- Pet owners have access to their pet’s updated medical record at all times
- Pet owners are instantly notified by mobile SMS and email notifications whenever their pet is scanned with the name of the practice where their pet was scanned from, the address, telephone number, and exact location on a map in seconds
- Our system works with any microchip scanner that can connect to a desktop via Bluetooth or USB port
- We have developed our own scanner that can read every microchip, including the encrypted chips
- The cost of having another brand of a microchip implanted into a pet is typically around $60, and the pet owner is required to register the pet for an additional fee usually annually, Peeva microchips are implanted and registered on-site for a one-time fee of $80 for the lifetime of the pet.