Transform Pet Identification with Peeva’s Universal Microchip Scanner
Peeva is on a mission to establish microchip scanning as a standard practice for all veterinarians and shelters. Our goal is to expedite the return of lost pets to their families by simplifying the transfer of vital health information.
Why No Universal Standard?
The absence of a true universal scanner capable of reading the diverse range of microchips encountered by veterinarians has resulted in fewer pets being successfully recovered. This issue has even discouraged routine microchip scanning. Instead, many veterinarians often assume that the person bringing in the animal is the rightful owner.
The challenges go deeper. The Animal Welfare Act does not grant the USDA-APHIS authority to regulate private pet ownership or mandate a national standard for pet microchips and scanners. For over a decade, various groups have sought to change these regulations through petitions and initiatives.
Why doesn’t the US have a global standard like Canada and the EU? In the US, pet ownership is not regulated at the federal level, unlike these other regions. This regulatory distinction has limited the potential of RFID and microchip technology.
Peeva Scanners: Unlocking the Power of Microchip Technology
Peeva has engineered a series of universal scanner models that transcend barriers, capable of reading any brand of microchip, regardless of frequency or encryption. Our cutting-edge scanner models are in the final stages of manufacturing, and in the meantime, our system can integrates with any scanner.
- First and only company to read, record, analyze, and catalog any brand of microchip
- Our microchips are universal and can be read by any scanner
- Our software works with any scanner that can connect to a desktop
- Our scanner is the only one on the market that connects to the cloud
- Any veterinarian in our growing network can retrieve a pet’s complete medical history by scanning the pet for a microchip